“WEEI College Bowl Pick’Em” Contest Rules
Sponsored by WEEI, T-MOBILE & UPICKEM
Entry dates: 12/13/13-1/6/14
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Boston, LLC, Entercom Providence, LLC and/or Entercom Springfield, LLC each d/b/a WEEI and/or WVEI (collectively, the “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 20 Guest Street, Brighton, MA 02135, 475 Kilvert Street, Suite 320 Warwick, RI 02886 and 326 Chicopee Street, Chicopee, MA 01013 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at: www.WEEI.com. To the extent that the Station’s general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter.
2. To enter, go to www.weei.com and the Events & Contests tab in the toolbar and select Contests. The WEEI College Bowl Pick ‘Em Contest will be located under in this link. Complete the online registration. The registration is a simple five-part process that involves submitting your name, address, phone number, email address, and confirmation that you are 18 years of age or older. You will also have option to have your Facebook profile pre-load applicable portions of the entry form but having a Facebook account is not required to enter this contest. You will also be required to create a free account with the game administrator, Upickem (or log into an existing account).
3. Only one entry per UPICKEM account. Only one UPICKEM account per email address. Creating a UPICKEM account requires email verification.
4. Entry into this contest opens on December 13, 2013 at 12pm EST and closes on January 6, 2014 at 8:30 p.m. (“Contest Period”).
5. Once you register, your member ID will be the email address you provided. To participate in the contest, you will need to visit your account to make your picks for the thirty-five (35) college football bowl games scheduled for December 21, 2013 through January 6, 2014. You must select the team for each listed game that you believe will be the winner of each bowl game and predict the score for the winning and losing teams for the designated tie-breaker game. You may enter all picks for all games in this contest at the time of initial entry or each game prior to its scheduled start for that day’s games. If you fail to manually select a pick for any listed game, you will be disqualified and ineligible to win in this contest…however, please note that the UPickem system will automatically assign you a team that was selected by the majority of ALL participants that use the Upickem software nationally (not just the entrants of this Station contest) (“Fan Pick”) but any entrant who receives an points as a result cannot win in this contest, no matter what the stats or scoreboard reports regarding the winners/leaders in this contest.
6. You can make changes to your picks until the scheduled start time of each applicable game.
How to Win
7. This contest requires that you determine who you think will win each of the 35 college bowl games. After all of the 35 applicable College Bowl games have ended, on or about January 7, 2014, contest entrants will be ranked according to their cumulative point score. The entrant with the most points at the end of the series of games will be the winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules.
8. For each game winner an entrant correctly predicts, the entrant will receive points based on the following point schedule:
• Five (5) BCS Bowl Games – 6 points each
• Thirty (30) Other Bowl Games- 1 point each
9. If a game is canceled, postponed or forfeited for any reason, or if a game ends in a tie, no points will be awarded for that game.
10. In the event of a tie:
a. the entrant with the lowest total "Score Approximation" for the one designated tiebreaker game will be declared the winner. Score approximation is determined by (i) subtracting an entrant’s choice for the score for the winning team from the actual winning team's score from the one designated tiebreaker game and (ii) then squaring this value, and (iii) then, subtracting the entrant’s choice for the score for the losing team from the actual losing team's score in the tiebreaker game and (iv) then squaring that value. Adding the numbers in I through iv above together determines entrant’s "score approximation". The entrant with the lowest "score approximation" wins.
b. If a tie remains after the tiebreaker, the winner will be chosen at random from amongst those still tied.
11. Being in a private group has no impact on winning in this contest. It is simply for entertainment purposes. The winner within any private group is not entitled to any prizes in this contest, unless they win in accordance with these contest rules from among all of the Station entrants.
12. One (1) Prize will be awarded in this contest. The grand prize winner will win $500, payable via check within 30 days of the Grand Prize winner completing all eligibility and tax paperwork. Check can be claimed at 20 Guest Street, 3rd floor, Brighton, MA 02135. WEEI will contact winner when the check is ready to be claimed.
13. This contest is sponsored by Entercom Boston, LLC dba WEEI, UPICKEM and T-Mobile.
Other Rules Specific to this Contest
14. For entertainment purposes only, one or more Station employees may talk about their picks and/or how they are doing in this contest. Such employees may appear on the Stats pages as entrants in this contest and/or winners or leaders in this contest. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will any Station employee be an eligible participant in this contest and shall not be entitled to win any prizes in this contest. In the event that a Station employee is selected by the UPICKEM software as a winner, he/she shall be deemed ineligible and Station will manually award the entrant with the highest score(s) (as set forth above) to be winner in this contest.
15. All times are local Boston time. Entrants in the Station contest must be 18 or older and legal residents of MA, NH, CT, RI, ME or VT on date of entry.
16. In addition to the rights granted to Station in the general contest rules, by entering this contest, entrants grant to Upickem and its affiliates the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with this Contest. Upickem and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law. The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, Upickem, Inc., and/or its affiliates. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
18. Employees of Upickem and its affiliates, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional
19. This contest is in no way connected with, affiliated with or endorsed by the NCAA, or any of its affiliated teams, players, or players union. All references to any football or university name or term is purely nominative and not intended to imply any connection, affiliation, or endorsement.
20. This game may not be used in connection with any form of gambling. This game is strictly for entertainment purposes only and in connection with the contest described above.